Why become a member? ×

DOD FX32 sound on a Moog Low Pass Filter !help!

Jag_Bassist

Nope, but you've got me curious.
I'm gonna have to go hear this Dod now.

Without hearing it, my only suggestion is to turn the envelope amount & the resonance to 0 & put the cut off to @ 10 o'clock.
Having the res above 2 reduces some of the lows that it can produce.

How low does the Moog go?
An OC-2 (synthy octave) with an EQ after the fact would give you an approximation.
The Boss GEB-7 goes down to 50hz, the MXR Kerry King goes down to 31hz (Meatbox territory) & the Boss PQ-3B (rare) goes down to 25hz

Si

The Moog will filter everything out as far down as 20hz - meaning with the filter right down you get silence as our cabs don't do that. With the filter rolled back around the 75-80hz point with an octave pedal before it you are in serious amp clipping lows!

Thanks for the help guys, the sound was missing the octave before it. Stuck a oc-2 before the pedal and it sounds huge. Might use my sans amp as a DI to the desk then also back into my effects loop

Bass> TC RH450 with compression > effects loop > oc-2 > moog low pass filter > sans amp to desk and back to loop

My only suggestion, try this...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass> [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]oc-2 > moog low pass filter > [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]sans amp to desk and [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TC RH450[/font][/color]

I could do but I thought it would spun best putting the compressor first in chain and it stop the problem of the drive on the moog being a problem as I have to put the drive up loads to make it load enough but then my dry sound is distorted. I should really get it in a looper in my board