Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Squier VM 70's Jazz and "Fender" Jaco copy for sale (now with pics)....

Russ

Right, time to sell these on to a good home....

Firstly, there's my new Squier VM Jazz - the 70s-style one. You all know about these and what they're like, so I won't bother talking about it. Still in as-new condition, [b]£175. [/b]

Secondly, there's my "Fender" Jaco Jazz. It's not actually a Fender, probably a cheap copy with a Fender decal on the headstock, but it looks the part, with its defretted rosewood board, sunburst finish, lack of scratchplate (exposing a slightly too big neck pickup rout) and it has a nice neck plate with a pic of Jaco on it. It might be a cheapo, but it sounds great and mwahs like a b**tard. [b]£130. [/b]

If anyone wants both, you can have them for [b]£280. [/b]

I'm in Croydon, and I'd prefer the buyer to collect, so you can come here, or we can arrange to meet somewhere.

I'll stick some photos up later. :)

Edited by Russ

Right, sorry for the delay, guys... here's the pics. :)

If you can pay cash and collect this weekend, the VM's yours for £160, and the fake Fender's yours for £110.

[attachment=966:DSC_8960.jpg]
[attachment=967:DSC_8953.jpg]
[attachment=968:DSC_8954.jpg]
[attachment=969:DSC_8955.jpg]
[attachment=970:DSC_8956.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

Gaaaaah... eBay pulled the listing for the fretless - trademark violation, apparently, despite the fact that's where I got it in the first place! :)

So, offer on the fretless?

[quote name='Russ' post='36652' date='Jul 25 2007, 12:06 AM']Gaaaaah... eBay pulled the listing for the fretless - trademark violation, apparently, despite the fact that's where I got it in the first place! :)

So, offer on the fretless?[/quote]

Just put it back up but leave out the Fender bit ...
Put a nice picture of the headstock with the Fender bit blurred a little so it's obvious if the punter knows what he looking at ..
The Ric replica guys on here have various tried and tested techniques fro circumventing this kind of thing..
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270&hl=ric"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270&hl=ric[/url]