Why become a member? ×

Gig Surfing - We want gigs in Scotland, N.England and a London show!

krispn

Hey guys. I've recently been couch surfing and it struck me how cool it would be if there were a similar network of bands who were offering gigs to out of town acts (couch and cups of tea optional). It may exist but I ain't seen it .....yet.

I play in a band based in Edinburgh and we're just finishing up on a new recording which we are really happy with. Naturally we wanna get out and gig! We also want to get out of Edinbugrh and venture around Scotland, down to England - likely to places which we can drive to in a couple of hours like Newcastle, Yorkshire, maybe Manchester. Of course we have set our sights on a London show too but not having many contacts in these areas we were wondering how best to get involved.

As an introduction we're Titus Pullo and we play solid, catchy tunes like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBdOZTfmYh0[/media]

We want to seek out similar bands so if we do get a chance to come to your town we're not sharing the stage with a bunch of teenage scremo bands. We understand it's good to play to a diverse audience but within reason :)

If you're based in Scotland and fancy gigging with us in your town or coming to Edinburgh get in touch and we'll do our best to get you on a gig with us. We're planning an album launch for the end of August/early Sept and if you know you're gonna be on the road an in the area get in touch!

Likewise if you live further afield and want to 'bring a bit of strange' to your local gig circuit get in touch and we'd be happy to try and work something out. Naturally if we can reciprocate when you're planning on swinging through Edinburgh we will try and make something happen!

Please add to the post or PM me if it's somehting that appeals to ya!

Gavin

Edited by krispn

xgsjx

We're friendly with some promoters in town too and they are always looking for new bands plus they are decent folk and not at all a pain to deal with honestly! I'll be happy to pass on any links you have to tunes etc once you're going for it!

G

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1368821723' post='2082081']
xgsjx

We're friendly with some promoters in town too and they are always looking for new bands plus they are decent folk and not at all a pain to deal with honestly! I'll be happy to pass on any links you have to tunes etc once you're going for it!

G
[/quote]

Cheers. That'd be much appreciated. :)

If you like, I can put you in touch with a promoter that got me a gig in Dundee & had more lined up for us (but unfortunately my singer took a stroke & now has no interest in music :( )?

He also has some good contacts around Scotland for other venues.

• 4 months later...