Why become a member? ×

Peavey Cirrus BXP 4 String NOW SOLD

Wooks

Due to the arrival of my new baby in the form of the RKS ABass, sadly this is for Sale and looking for a good home..... my Peavey Cirrus BXP 4 string Bubinga finish.
Here are a few specs:
34inch scale with 24 frets
Neck-through-body construction.
Two Peavey VFL active pickups.
Active three-band EQ with +/- 10 dB boost/cut.
Black hardware.
String-through, finger-style bridge.
Pau ferro fretboard.
Hand-rubbed oil finish neck/ Gloss Lacquer on Bubinger Model.
Dual, expanding truss rod.
It's got flatwounds on it at the moment but I'm throwing into the package a brand new set of Rotosound's and it comes with a Rockbag by Warwick gig bag. It's a really good condition apart from 2 hairline cracks in the laquer on the top horn which I've tried to capture and show here for you. These are subsurface cracks, the laquer is in tact and not flaking in any way and these don't affect it's playing ability in any way. It's a great thru neck bass and plays really well and is loud as death too!!!
It's never been gigged, hardly likely cos I've only been learning for 8 months or so :) Only been used in my spare bedroom!! Would be great backup or suit a beginner like myself.
All yours for £165 ono plus any postage costs but would prefer pickup from my place in Hampshire.
Here are a few pics of her but if you would like to see more then let me know and I'll get some more up.

If you have any questions then please PM me. Thanks for looking!!

Edited by Wooks

Yeah the "official" spec is 35 inch scale but when I've put alongside my ESP which is 34 inch scale it's the same. When I've measured it from the nut to the 12th fret it actually measures 17inches so making it 34".....strange I know. But I'll measure it again to make doubly sure I got it right :)
Thanks the bumpage!!

Having measured it again I'm a bit confused!! :wacko: If you measure from the nut to the 12 fret it meaures 17" so doubled should 34" scale, right? But if you measure from the nut to where the strings go through the body it's 35". So make of that what you will! I would say 34" like I said it's the same length as my ESP. Hope this helps?? Anybody interested? Is the price a fair one or is it a bit high??

[quote name='Wooks' post='212346' date='Jun 4 2008, 10:27 AM']Having measured it again I'm a bit confused!! :wacko: If you measure from the nut to the 12 fret it meaures 17" so doubled should 34" scale, right? But if you measure from the nut to where the strings go through the body it's 35". So make of that what you will! I would say 34" like I said it's the same length as my ESP. Hope this helps?? Anybody interested? Is the price a fair one or is it a bit high??[/quote]

I think the price is certainly fair for what you are getting (thru-body stringing / Neck-thru / actives etc) but I do seem to recall that there were a bunch of exotic topped BXPs on eBay early this year (late last year) and they weren't 'much' more than your asking price. It may just be that the people interested in this type of bass were already aware of the ebay ones! Just a theory :)

I've owned an old Peavey NT bass and if I was in the market for the next step up from my first bass I'd be all over these Peavey Cirrus basses!

Good luck and a bump for Peavey basses.

Thanks for the bump Warwick, you're right there have been some on EvilBay a lot being sold by Peavey themselves and all going for around what I'm asking. But the ones on EBay have all had the preamp fault that I had problems with me 5er :) My 4 doesn't have that problem. So grab yourself a bargain and a great bass to boot!! Anybody interested? I'm probably going to the London guitar show next weekend so I could bring it there if you going. Let me know. :huh:

a cheeky Monday morning bump for straight cash sale or trade equal valued 5 string.....anybody??? Loads of window shoppers, a few tentative enquiries from guys, but no firm offers. Anybody out there want to make my day and make a firm offer??? :)

Edited by Wooks

[quote name='marcus bell' post='216546' date='Jun 11 2008, 12:36 AM']wish i had the money mate, i would buy this straight away

tried one in noise works in coventry what a great bass :)

bUMP...[/quote]

Thanks for the bump and the kind words, you're right it is a great bass and she needs a good home.

If there is anybody who would like me to bring this to the Guitar show tomorrow, (Sat) in London would you please PM me before 6 o'clock this evening. If there are no takers then I'm going to withdraw this and keep it, where it will just sit and gather dust. Which is a shame because it's a great bass but I don't play it all with the arrival of my RKS ABass. Please let me know if you want to see it tomorrow. Cheers