Why become a member? ×

Anyone know about Aria Pro 2 Bass

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1367683376' post='2068389']
It is local.But it always puts me off when things have pro in the name, as they seem to do that to make it sound more desirable
[/quote]
Unless of course that's what it's actually called. :huh:

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1367682415' post='2068376']
IS this a good price for one of these, and are they any good?
[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/aria-pro-bass-guitar/1015317422"]http://www.gumtree.c...itar/1015317422[/url]
[/quote]

I can't read the headstock in the photo, but it looks a lot like a 'CAT' series bass from 1986/87 or thereabouts. Not a Matsumoku product. The price seems pretty good though, definitely worth a sniff.

If the neck's anything like my two later Arias, it'll be somewhere between a Precision & a Jazz in profile. No idea what CATs sound like, but they're easy to upgrade & if it's in good nick you won't take a loss on it. Check the tuners - there's a definite dip in quality in the mid-80s & they can go a bit pear-shaped.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1367683376' post='2068389']
It is local.But it always puts me off when things have pro in the name, as they seem to do that to make it sound more desirable[/quote]
Know what you mean about the 'Pro' bit, but Aria have been using that handle since the late '70s, possibly out of a misguided notion that players in the West would suddenly get interested.

The core years for Aria are 1979 to 1983, that's when the really good stuff happened. Key players - Jack Bruce, Neil Murray, Bruce Foxton, John Taylor, Cliff Burton, and er… Rudy Sarzo.

Pete.

Edited by Bloodaxe