Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L-2000... any good?

CamdenRob

Resurrecting this thread - there are a lot of good basses around currently and you get a lot of bass for your money with all of them but I maintain that this is one of the best basses you are going to get for your bass buck. Versatile, great tonal range - suits all styles and some. Build quality is as good as many top end basses and despite what some say, I don't see any reason why you'd need to change anything on this bass - the machine heads are more than adequate and if you change them for anything other than top end parts you'll be wasting your hard earned.

I really like them - and I have two in my rack at the moment - a L2500 fretted and a L2000 defret (down to a very good standard) - you'd love to get them both for between £600-650. Shop around and you could just do that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2013 at 13:40, MiltyG565 said:

Since Leo Fender was an electrical engineer, and not a guitar player or luthier, I wonder who designed the neck profiles and body shapes of his instruments, or did he just build something he liked, then refine it when players gave their criticisms?

Very late to the party😉 but Freddie Tavares mainly, with help from local Double Bass players.

Mr Tavares was also an incredibly talented musician. 

Edited by iconic