Why become a member? ×

EB / MM 4 string Pick-up out of an 03 Sterling *SOLD*

Taken out to be replaced with a Nordstrand and the bass has subsequently been traded so this is surplus to requirements.

Ideal to drop back into a Sterling if you want it back to standard (or as a spare) alternatively, pimp your OLP (need to confirm that the dimensions are the same) :)

£40 inc P&P

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Machines' post='209746' date='May 30 2008, 04:52 PM']It's worth noting that this will only fit a Sterling and not a Stingray. Good price though :).[/quote]

Ah-ha... didn't know that! Just out of interest what is different, why doesn't it fit the Ray?

[quote name='Machines' post='209797' date='May 30 2008, 06:23 PM']Sterling pickups are have a 3rd phantom coil and deeper routing to accommodate it :).[/quote]

Ahhh! I see. How much deeper are we talking? I only ask because could it not be that if a Sterling pup was mounted in a stingray it 'may' just sit nearer the strings... if we are talking a few mm difference; obviously if it's massively different then no way!

My price may not be cheap enough so we'll say £35.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='209976' date='May 31 2008, 08:03 AM']Ahhh! I see. How much deeper are we talking? I only ask because could it not be that if a Sterling pup was mounted in a stingray it 'may' just sit nearer the strings... if we are talking a few mm difference; obviously if it's massively different then no way!

My price may not be cheap enough so we'll say £35.[/quote]

Take a pic of the pickup (underneath) and we shall see !

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='210421' date='Jun 1 2008, 10:47 AM']As you say, quite deep (never had the pup out of the box since it arrived).

As you've already sold one, am I in the ball-park for the price OBBM?[/quote]

Difficult to say. I sold a pick-up and complete pre-amp for £120. The third coil is not a lot of use without the coil switching circuits which are integral in the pre-amp. I suppose you could remove the third coil and just use it a s a regular Ray pick-up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...