Why become a member? ×

looking for an amp tech in/near sheffield!

umph

Hartley Electric Music

238 London Road,
SHEFFIELD,
S2 4LW
T : 01142682738

Pete Hartley a Sheffield legend who runs a little shop, Hartley Electric Music, that makes and repairs all kinds of stuff. Pete sold synths to Cabaret Voltaire and the Human League, then apparently went on to design the Simmons-based drum kit which Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen used after losing his arm.

Allan Holdsworth uses Hartley Thompson amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ironside1966' post='209605' date='May 30 2008, 02:03 PM']Hartley Electric Music

238 London Road,
SHEFFIELD,
S2 4LW
T : 01142682738

Pete Hartley a Sheffield legend who runs a little shop, Hartley Electric Music, that makes and repairs all kinds of stuff. Pete sold synths to Cabaret Voltaire and the Human League, then apparently went on to design the Simmons-based drum kit which Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen used after losing his arm.

Allan Holdsworth uses Hartley Thompson amplifiers[/quote]

Yeah, I've used Pete. His shop is a bit hard to find, but he knows his stuff and he's fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Pete Hartley is a bit of an electronics savant. He has been around for time. His notoriety is larger than Sheffield and I've NEVER heard a bad word said by anyone about his ability. He mods Marshalls and makes them better....

I could go on.