Why become a member? ×

G-3 conversion

tommorichards

So i picked this up from a chap on here as the basis for a cool project. i bought some NOS g-3 pickups from ebay for a dam good price with the idea of making a G3 from scratch. But i saw this bass and decided, lets do it this way as its got pretty much all the stuff i need including the cool dots on the maple board.

It sounds awesome as is, but i bought/traded for it for a reason. So im awaiting a G3 plate from BassDoc so i can route out the necessary space.

So i will try and update with changes. And hopefully it shouldnt take too long. ( i may have a go at stripping it back to natural to look more like dirnts)

Heres what it originally looked like:

Edited by tommorichards

Nice, the original G-3 was a great bass, this should end up being very similar. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

You've maybe got this sorted already, but I found this very useful looking diagram from this thread on TB: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/cadfaels-collection-bass-wiring-diagrams-945744/"]http://www.talkbass....iagrams-945744/[/url]

[attachment=133344:g3wiring.pdf]

(it's a PDF by the way, so be sure to rename it when you download it, comes down as .ipb for some reason)

Edited by neepheid

• 5 weeks later...

Just got the plate made and kitted out by bassdoc. Its awesome despite my crazy instructions. I had it made to the epi plate dimensions, so it can be converted back. All thats left now is to remove material to allow the pickups to have room. That should be done tomorrow. So almost there!!!

pics:

Edited by tommorichards