Why become a member? ×

wal pro1e active bass for sale 1979
£1850

customstocker

selling my beloved wal pro bass. made in 1979, bass is in great condition , lovely straight neck with rosewood fingerboard, with only a couple of small dings to the rear which are barely noticeable & certainly not noticeable when playing .carbon fibre inserts are clearly visible at top end of headstock . body is black stained ash with the classic wal black scratch plate which is in perfect condition , completely undamaged. active electronics with bass cut & pick attack filter switches ( to the right of pickup) chromed hardware , Schaller machine heads nicely aged . bass gives a good variety of sounds with the 2 filters & is pretty impressive for a single pickup instrument. the pro series have a slightly warmer , less synthetic sound than the custom series but to be honest theres not much in it really. like the later custom basses this one is really quiet due to the graphite lined electronics cavity , it was designed as a proper studio instrument. with the bass is a slightly later wal hard shell case with a fluffy grey interior . im going to miss this bass a lot .sorry but no trades . for images please click on this link , thanks for looking [url="http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/customstocker/library/wal%20pro1e%20bass%20guitar"]http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/customstocker/library/wal%20pro1e%20bass%20guitar[/url]

Can't see the pics while at work, but I've been after a Wal Pro (pref a Pro 11 passive) for longer than I can remember, although I'll admit I don't know whether I'd get on with the forearm contour anymore. Bad timing though (isn't it always?).

EDIT: Just checked out the pics. Lovely!

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1365681777' post='2042756']
Can't see the pics while at work, but I've been after a Wal Pro (pref a Pro 11 passive) for longer than I can remember, although I'll admit I don't know whether I'd get on with the forearm contour anymore. Bad timing though (isn't it always?).

EDIT: Just checked out the pics. Lovely!
[/quote]
im in Poland at the moment , I sold my wal custom a few months ago & posted it to a guy in Holland with the post from here & it got there fine .

[quote name='tubbybloke68' timestamp='1365678575' post='2042683']
She's a beaut! May I ask where you are based?
[/quote]
im based in Poland near Poznan at present & the bass is here, I did send a wal custom from here a few months ago , that I sold through basschat & it arrived there with no problems.

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1365754989' post='2043829']
I'm thinking that must be a re-finish? I only remember gloss (natural, sunburst or solid black) finishes on the old Pro basses. Very nice look!
[/quote]
I reckon the body has had a refinish at some point in the past too ,if it has, its a proper pro job ... but the neck has the characteristic deep laquer cracking that is usual on these 70s wals see pics of back of headstock .im 100% sure that the neck has never been touched. cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...