Why become a member? ×

gig promoters

Don't you just love it when you let them borrow your bass amp for a gig to get them out of a tight situation, and they don't even say thanks, let alone give you even a tenner for it? what a twat, he'd better hope he's not in need of one again because he's sure not getting mine!

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='208136' date='May 28 2008, 03:49 PM']Don't you just love it when you let them borrow your bass amp for a gig to get them out of a tight situation, and they don't even say thanks, let alone give you even a tenner for it? what a twat, he'd better hope he's not in need of one again because he's sure not getting mine![/quote]

Damn, he sounds like a right w***er. I wouldn’t lend him anything again. When i was younger (15-18) i didn’t have a good amp so I'd always end up using one of the other bands gear when i was playing gigs, and when i bought a good Trace combo i didn't really want to let others use it but i kind of felt that i needed to pay back all the times i had used others equipment so i let other bass players use it and never really had any issues and everyone was polite about it. Now I've got a very expensive Ampeg rig i feel the complete opposite to this and there is no chance anyone else is using it, no chance at all :)

Edited by benwhiteuk

A couple of years ago, I actually offered to lend the support band my rig to save them and us time.

My offer was accepted and, when they'd done their set, I never even got a word of thanks, much less a pint for my trouble.

Numb nuts.

It won't happen again, that's for sure.

Edited by bassicinstinct

Sad to say it happens all the time. If I borrow someone elses rig I will always offer a drink or two as a thank you, common courtesy. I've done gigs with my rig just used without question before and not a single please or thank you, inlcuding one asshole who almost blew all the speaker f**kin about with his fx pedals. Thesedays if it's not organised in advance then it doesn't happen as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Merton' post='208200' date='May 28 2008, 04:46 PM']Sad to say it happens all the time. If I borrow someone elses rig I will always offer a drink or two as a thank you, common courtesy. I've done gigs with my rig just used without question before and not a single please or thank you, inlcuding one asshole who almost blew all the speaker f**kin about with his fx pedals. Thesedays if it's not organised in advance then it doesn't happen as far as I'm concerned.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. :)

There can never be any justification for [b]pig ignorance [/b]IMHO.

costs nowt to be polite.
When im jamming i always let the other guitarists have a crack on my bass as its the only bass there and there always saying cheers or thanks.
common courtesy to be polite, but im afraid theres plenty arsewipes out there who expect something for nothing.

At this mini-festival I was playing last year the sound engineer was delayed getting to the venue. As a favour to the leader of the band who were waiting to soundcheck - who I knew - I offered to do sound so they could soundcheck. I've never received so much backchat, whingeing and complaining from musicians before. I could see the bandleader was embarrassed by the brats in his band. At one point I had to explain to his female vocalist that if she got any more of herself in the monitors, this would happen - cue excruciating "hands-over-the-ears" feedback for everyone in the room.

Some musicians just don't have any manners.

Edited by The Funk