Why become a member? ×

Jack Socket Attachment to DB Tailpiece

gypsyjazzer

Thanks for the plug Mike. Yes folks, I am now doing a run of the clip that I devised to fit on my basses to give a good fix to the jack socket from the pickup. £6.50 posted.

Sorry no photo available right now but if you are not fully satisfied I'll refund the money and you can keep the clip - limited period only, while the clip gets better known. Clarky has one as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This type of fixing is used on Bassmax, Fishman Full Circle and BP-100 - and others probably. Some players favour afterlength damping to reduce the possibility of feedback but this is across all four strings, not just A and D. By the time the bass sound comes out of the speaker there is a certain amount of degredation anyway so my problems with such clips tend to be practical/ aesthetic rather than acoustic. You either have a straight jack sticking out and prone to damage by some passing musician or you need an angled jack. Plus a possibility of unravelling the silk binding.

The Fishmans can be modified to give a straight socket than can be clipped to the underside of the tailpiece - tidy and safe - and so can the Bassmax but the trouble is that the cable is in most cases just a bit too short to make it down to the clip point.

Incidentally, I have now developed my clip to handle two pickup jacks; there's a lot of mixing happening out there. PM me is I can help.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1372332223' post='2124361']
I've just fitted a Full Circle and used one of Rogers custom clips.

It was a doddle to fit and is really solid.

Anyone looking for an improved tailpiece jack socket mount should check these out.

Many thanks Roger
[/quote]
Spookily, I have one of Roger's clips anchoring the jack socket on my Full Circle too! Very cool little device and less fiddly than the Lando clamp (albeit thats pretty good too! I have one on my other bass)