Why become a member? ×

Picato Half Rounds

Mykesbass

Just trying out a 5 string set of Picato Half Round stainless steel strings - 45-130. Been using Rotosound Half Rounds. These are much smoother, like the Status string sI'd tried before, but, unlike the Status set I had, they still have a fairly bright punch to them. Look forward to trying them at rehearsallater in the week. Fingers crossed as they are a lot cheaper!

• 1 month later...

Another big fan of picato, I use their nickel round wounds which sound great and seem to last be ages even though they are under pretty heavy use.

Been thinking of buying a half round set, I used their flats too which I loved so I can't see why I wouldn't like the halfs!

another Picato fan here, use the flats and the stainless rounds. the quality is top flight and the prices are bargain basement, what more can you ask for? might give the half rounds a go next time i have to order some, am using the status half rounds on my cardinal fretless and they're very nice but more brightness would be great on my jazz.