Why become a member? ×

Any players near London willing to lend me an acoustic bass guitar on Saturday May 4th?

lawriemacmillan

It's for a soundcheck & gig with Linn Records-signed songwriter Amy Duncan at The Gallery Cafe, Bethnal Green on Saturday 4th May.

It's a tall request I know!!! I'm based in Scotland, where my Washburn AB35 will be, but I have a Stiltskin show in Poland on Friday 3rd and I'll be flying straight from Poland to London on the 4th.

It can be a 4 or 5 string, any brand. I use some foam just to dampen the strings at the bridge.

I will give 2 tickets for the gig and buy a drink for you :)

Here's a link to one of Amy's great songs:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4DiRCIYtzM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4DiRCIYtzM[/url]

I've got a Crafter Electro Acoustic which I've lent to Lozz196 - I'm in Hatfield, he's in Hemel Hempstead - I'm happy for you to borrow it if Lozz isn't using it - logistically it's a bit of a bind - Bethnal Green isn't near either of us - you'll have to convince Lozz that he can't afford to miss the gig :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1364477356' post='2026982']
I've got a Crafter Electro Acoustic which I've lent to Lozz196 - I'm in Hatfield, he's in Hemel Hempstead - I'm happy for you to borrow it if Lozz isn't using it - logistically it's a bit of a bind - Bethnal Green isn't near either of us - you'll have to convince Lozz that he can't afford to miss the gig :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Yep, not a problem Mick - looks like our proposed acoustic gig is now unlikely, so if needed I`m sure we can arrange something.

Guys - you're both gentlemen. Thank you! I'll PM my mobile and email details if that's ok and we can keep in touch. I still don't yet know when my flight gets in so I may be pushed for time to go anywhere but the Bethnal Green on arrival.
And yes, the Kala bass would have been an incredible option. Sadly, I'll only have handbaggage with me so that would have meant checking in a tiny Kala-sized flightcase :D