Why become a member? ×

Wireless for BRX

BigRedX

The transmitter has a secure and substantial belt clip which is screwed onto the back of the unit.

[attachment=151974:transmitter-belt-clip.jpg]

The url is [url="http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-dwz-series-digital-wireless-packages/dwz-b30gb/support#support"]http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-dwz-series-digital-wireless-packages/dwz-b30gb/support#support[/url]

Choose the "support" tab at the bottom and it's the last link in the "manuals" section called "Manual : DWZ-B30GB, DWZ-M50 (EN)". You'll need to register so if you don't want to do that, IM me with your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Took this picture after I set mine up last night.
[attachment=151975:sony_wireless.jpg]

T

Ordered!

Does it come with a PSU? I already have a 1 Spot 9V PSU in the rack for my MicroThumpinator, but no more 13A mains sockets on the power distribution strip so I need to work out whether to get a 9V daisy chain cable for the 1 Spot or a Mains cable with 1 plug feeding two IEC C13 leads instead.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1389621834' post='2336172']
Ordered!

Does it come with a PSU? I already have a 1 Spot 9V PSU in the rack for my MicroThumpinator, but no more 13A mains sockets on the power distribution strip so I need to work out whether to get a 9V daisy chain cable for the 1 Spot or a Mains cable with 1 plug feeding two IEC C13 leads instead.
[/quote]

From Thomann, it comes with a 12v adapter with europlug.

I never used mine - I ditched it for a feed from a standard 9v pedal feed (centre negative - as per guitar fx pedals)

Easiest thing to do is just daisy chain. It may be worth putting a bit of heatshrink or electrical tape over the link from your source to you daisy chain feed just so that there is minimal chance of it slipping off. Don't want to be faffing inside the rack for the sake of a bit of heatshrink of electrical tape round the join.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1389621834' post='2336172']
Ordered!
[/quote]

Top man! :D[size=4] [/size]

[size=4][quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1389626736' post='2336247'][/size]
I'll get a 2-way 9V daisy chain cable ordered - is it standard 2.1mm plugs?
[/quote]

Like Russ, I've parked the supplied power adapter and I'm powering off my pedal board with a standard 9v pedal supply. I've got one of those daisy-chain adapters that also power my MXR envelope filter and octave pedals.

Dunno what size they are but I'm guessing it's the standard pedal connection. [size=4]Maybe have a look at the manual to make sure. Alternatively, I can measure when I get home.[/size]

[size=4]I'm sure the supplied power supply is a "standard" unit but had the plug bits slotted in so as to make them adaptable to the European / UK markets. Maybe it'd be pretty easy to get the three pin plug bit ordered through a Sony dealer. Again, I can check when I get home if you like. [/size]

[size=4]Cheers[/size]
T

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got all the cables I need and my Sony Wireless system wired up in my rack. And it works brilliantly!

However I wasn't very happy with Thomann only supplying a European wall wart PSU when they are selling these to the UK. Every other European supplier I have used for electrical equipment has provided a proper UK PSU or mains leads as extras if they were selling to thee UK.

Also I wasn't too impressed with the fact that no batteries were supplied with the transmitter. I can't remember ever buying anything that required battery power that didn't come with a set of the correct batteries to get you started.

I'll be trying it out at a rehearsal next week with a bit of luck.

[sup]Good stuff. Glad to hear that it's working well for you.[/sup]
[sup]The PSU thing I've never really thought about before... but most of the things that I buy want a kettle lead. I don't really know what to think about this - Thomann are just shifting boxes I guess and bought in a load of European spec units. It's the UK that is out of line with the market I guess. The probability is that if the price was the same in the UK, you would have bought from the UK... but this time, it just made sense to import. You'll see that Thomann don't really cater for UK CH38 wireless - probably cos they wouldn't shift boxes. I am guessing the Thomann game is all about shifting boxes... hence they can/could offer the bargainous prices that they have done.[/sup]

[sup]Batteries - again, never really thought about that either. I have a stash of procells and eneloops that I would put in over any freebie batteries... but yeah, if you wanted to get started straight away, I could see the annoyance. I have always got batteries around me now... but I certainly remember the days of "batteries not included" and the absolute frustration of having none around to get whatever electrical item operational from the word go.[/sup]

[sup]Still, despite the minor annoyances stated above, you still got an absolute stonker of a deal! (always glass half full eh?) . An adaptor off eBay and a set of batteries to get you started is still going to come in at under £15 or less.[/sup]

[sup]But all in all, good stuff![/sup]

You're right really considering the price regarding the PSU and lack of batteries (although as I said I can't recall ever getting any sort of electronic item that required batteries without a set of generic ones being provided by the manufacturer). However I wonder if the system was supplied in the same state by Thomann before they slashed the price by almost 50%. At the full original price I would't have been so forgiving.

Also this model is not currently available form Thomann at all. Is is about to be discontinued/replaced by a newer model?

That is as it is. Mine came like that so I think its a caae of Thomanm shifting boxes.

I dont think the Sony unit is changong. It just looks like Thomann is pulling out of selling Sony. They can probably get better pricings and higher sales on the Line6 stuff.