Why become a member? ×

RUSH Idol, yes really !!

tonybassplayer

Got talking to a really nice guy recently on facebook who co-organises an annual RUSH convention type event and incorporated in to is a RUSH Idol event where people get up and do their stuff. I think it is loosely based around a house band/jam night type of thing and listening to some of the previous videos there are some decent players and singers out there ( and a few that perhaps shouldnt have got up lol )

This years event is in October in Sheffield and it actually sounds like a whole lot of fun and a lot of RUSH things happening including headline band BRAVADO who are on my "to see" list

Anyone been to a previous event or going this year ??

Facebook page is here http://www.facebook.com/rusheucon2013?fref=ts

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1364040286' post='2021165']
I went to one several years ago with a similar karaoke style event planned just for singers. Predictably for a Rush convention, there were lots of "musicians" in attendance who got up to play. It was a horrible mess.
[/quote]

Which one was that? I've been to a few and played bass at a few. Leaving my contributions aside, I've seen some pretty passable performances, given that it's normally three or four people who may have never even met before, playing stuff that is a bit challenging in places, often under the influence of rather a lot of alcohol. It is meant to be fun anyway!