Why become a member? ×

Howdy!!!

Pembo

Hello all,

I've been playing bass on & off for about 18 years. Never really focused hard enough to develop into a good bassist, but enjoy playing all the same. I have been playing in a band, based in Newport (South Wales) for about 13 years. However, our band is more of a jamming/hobby session, as opposed to trying to get any recognition, resulting in us gigging about 3-4 times per year. I've been [s]perving [/s]reading basschat for a few months now, mainly the classifieds section :secret:

[u]First bass[/u] was a Kasuga Jazz bass. Lovely thick sounding humbuckers. Tried to de-fret it, which turned out very badly.
[u]Second bass[/u] was a Squier Affinity Precision. Not a great bass, but served it's purpose....
[u]Third bass[/u] was a Takamine EG512C. Loved this bass and wished I never sold it :(
Currently playing a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz. I've modded it with a black Gotoh 2 bridge, black Wilkinson tuners and black vintage skirted volume/tone knobs. I love the black hardware with the black neck inlays. I've played a number of MIM Jazz's (friends/other band members) and cannot justify spending more than what my Squier cost.

I'm using a Markbass SA450 and an Ashdown 15" cab. Cannot wait to get a new cab though, just need to find me a money tree first!!

Anyway, that's about all from me. I'm hoping that I post as often as i'd like.

[quote name='Pembo' timestamp='1363729204' post='2016807']
Us Welshies have had to stick together with the centuries of attempted invasions ;)
[/quote]

Hehe. Don't look at me though - I'm Dutch, and guilty of different stuff, like the Dutch Treat.

best,
bert