Why become a member? ×

Dead Bass POD xt - Any Ideas?

doug_ctte

Hi,

I recently bought a new (but technically second hand) Bass POD xt, as my original old Mk1 POD and my POD xt live were victims of a house fire.

Only used it around half a dozen or so times in the house, for practice purposes, and went to use it last night and initially no output. So, I changed the battery in my bass. Nothing. Bypassed the POD altogether, and into the module that came with my soundblaster audigy card, and the bass and leads worked fine.

Summing up, The POD fires up as normal. But, no output from model output, or direct output, and nothing from headphones output. Strangely, when bass is unplugged from the POD when in tuner mode, it registers a slightly sharp G note. Clearly something is amiss.

I'm not electronically minded, so does anyone have any ideas to the possible cause, and will it be a costly repair?

Thanks in advance folks

Dougie

The slight G# note when the bass is unplugged is the tuner picking up earth hum. All tuners do this.

Looks like the input is working - does the tuner work with a bass plugged in? Can you get the overload warning to come on with maximum input gain when playing hard?

check the solder joint on the input jack where it joins the board.
had this with a zoom ,the solder was cracked on the board with sticking the jack in-found cracks looking at joints with magnifying glass-resoldered still working 7 years later
I had the same problem with a musicman bass where the jack plug prongs were soldered to the pcb.Musicman still going strong.
hope this helps.