Why become a member? ×

Yamaha bb615 - Active 5 String: Natural Finish: SOLD
£250

OutSpoon

Due to a recent, irresistible urge to own a Warwick (which I have now bought) - I need to clear some space on my guitar rack and gain some more padding in my bank account.

1 bass in = 2 basses out.

So - 1st for sale is my beloved Yamaha bb615. Active, 5-string, natural finish. I have owned this for around 5 years and it was my main gigging bass for a lot of this time. Lusted after a bb for years (after watching No Doubt's bassist with a lovely one) and when Yamaha re-issued them; I bought one from the Bass Centre - via the web.

Lovely bass, really clear tone - bright and zingy. Really flexible tone controls, with boost / cut on the bass, mid and treble - as well as pickup blend and overall volume. It weighs 4.4kg, hangs nicely and I love it. But two of the children have to go; and I spend more time playing my Jazz 5 these days than the Yam.

Condition is 9/10 - a little wear on the back, and some 'hacks' on the headstock when some silly guy decided to hit the cymbals with the bass at a gig once. Neither me - nor the drummer thought this was a good idea on reflection.

So - pricewise, looking for £225 incl postage. Will include a new set of 5-string er, strings though the ones that are on it still have a lot of life yet.

Edited by OutSpoon

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Update with some tech specs for the bass nerds... [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][u]Yahama BB615[/u][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]You get the original BB shape and style in a 5-string, crafted with a solid alder body and bolt-on maple neck. Plus you get versatile active electronics with 3-band cut/boost EQ and hot pickups to deliver the tones you want.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]A smooth rosewood fingerboard with pearloid oval inlays, rock-solid tuners, and and a specially designed vintage-style bridge that extends the number 5 saddle for more string tension.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]BB615 Features:[/size][/font][list]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Alder body[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Bolt-on maple neck[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]34" scale[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Rosewood fingerboard[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]21 frets[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]23-5/8" fretboard radius[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Original BB-style inlays[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Original BB-style pickups[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]9V-powered active electronics[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]3-band cut/boost EQ[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Chrome hardware[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Vintage-style tuners[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Vintage-style bridge with extended 5-string saddle[/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size="3"]Really need to sell this now as I bought a lovely new bass at the weekend! [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Will include postage in the price - so treat yourself this easter to the 5-string you always promised yourself. :-) [/size][/font]

My jazz is now sold and on its way to sunny Leyland - now; the Yamaha needs a new home.

Roll up roll up - a beautiful 5-string active bass, looks great plays great sounds great - great price!

These bases are now discontinued - so you can't buy a new one anymore; that means this is now RARE and VALUABLE!

You wanna be cool like Tony Kanal or Billy Sheehan or Paul McCartney? Then you need some Yamaha bb in your life. :-)