Why become a member? ×

Fretless Jassss BACK UP

BassBod

This is a Brandoni neck and body, with oil and wax finish (a few years old..nice and mellow). Gotoh reverse tuners, badass bridge and EMG active pickups and pots. The only Fender part is the scratchplate. I believe the alder body is japanese in origin, as is the maple/rosewood neck.

[attachment=9037:DSCN1139.JPG] [attachment=9038:DSCN1136.JPG]

The neck has been defretted (by me) and inlaid with maple fret lines, and given a thin "superglue" finish to protect it from wear. It also produces a brighter growlier sound. Currently strung with Status plastic flats. The gig bag is included (a light Brandoni labelled bag, with grey fuzz lining).

[attachment=9039:DSCN1137.JPG] [attachment=9040:DSCN1138.JPG]

It plays fine, sounds fantastic. The only potential issue is the neck holes - these are a bit worn, so if the neck is taken off again they will need some filling to make a tight fit. Currently it feels solid. Good news is there is a cutout under the scratchplate, so you can adjust the rod without taking the neck off (why didn't they do that in the first place??).

Yours for £250, collection only please (just outside Bristol, M4 J18)

PM or post any questions,

BB

Edited by BassBod

Thanks Marcus - it is a great bass for the ££. I thought about putting some lower spec pickups in to sell a bit cheaper, but its sounds so good I decided to keep the EMGs in. I could put a cheaper standard bridge on, and bring the price down a bit, but it would probably leave a "shadow" where the Badass was.

BB

Edit - checked my bits box, I've got a standard chrome Fender type bridge, so if I fit that instead I'll let the bass go for £225...collected etc.

BB

Edited by BassBod

Yes, superglue. Pain to work with, but does a very good job...but you do have to be a bit careful. You can also shine it up if you want the fingerboard to look glossy. But I don't.

BB

EDIT - don't go trying this on your Sadowsky/Lakland/Shuker or anything else expensive, it may reduce the resale value "slightly".....

Edited by BassBod

• 3 weeks later...