Why become a member? ×

Wireless kit on Pedal Board

flameboy87

Hey all,

I'm going about designing a pedal board for myself but before I start in to it I'm trying to research a few ideas I have in my head. One of the things I'd like to do is tuck away my wireless underneath my pedals but am unsure whether this will result in any loss if signal due to the materials (most likely wood) surround the majority of it. I'm debating about using a two tear board so I have power supply and anything else that doesn't need to be in the way under the higher 2nd tear. This will also allow me to create extra space on top for more pedals :D

Any help or recommendations would be very welcome.

I wouldn't think that wood would be much of a barrier to your signal. If it is, you might be able to mount some external aerials on the top of your board - which shouldn't take up too much space, then plug them into the receiver hidden below. It depends if your existing aerials are fixed or use ('F'?) connectors. I'd also check that there is adequate ventilation for your receiver - does it get warm in use?

Edit: My guitarist uses a home-made 2-tier board, mainly for accessibility to the multitude of pedals. The board has a load of small holes in the bottom so he can cable-tie the current pedals of choice in place. The rear (top) tier is open (basically a plank across the top, no back & front = plenty of ventilation), and has his PSU tucked underneath.

Edited by Norris

Yeah, if your receiver has those little fold out antennas protruding from the back/front of the unit, just mount in such a way that they're accessible at the back of the board where they can be unfurled in all their glory and still be mostly out the way of your feet!

My pedalboard consists of a Korg tuner and my G30 at the moment. If I had a bigger boardI wouldn't want to hide it under anything as it has the lights on it that tell me when the battery is starting to lose power and saves me looking round all the time at the transmitter