Why become a member? ×

Larry Graham

lapolpora

I saw Graham Central Station at the Jazz Café in London tonight. If you can get hold of a ticket for tomorrow then you gotta see them. Incredible band, incredible musicianship, showmanship, true audience participation (ie getting members of the audience to come on stage and play!) and an unashamed slapfest in the best possible taste.

Unbelievably funky. And this other geezer wondered on stage for a bonkers bass duet halfway through the gig! :D

[attachment=129713:photo.JPG]

Honestly....it was brilliant. The tone, the style, the groove.....just sublime.

Yes the bass duet did get a bit excessive, but hey, it was in the moment with both MK an LG really going for it. I've never seen MK sweat so much trying to keep up with LG. It looked like he was on the verge of cardiac arrest!

What counts for me is what's played...how it is played doesn't matter so much. The music was great :)

Edited by lapolpora

[quote name='lapolpora' timestamp='1363103914' post='2008544']
Honestly....it was brilliant. The tone, the style, the groove.....just sublime.

Yes the bass duet did get a bit excessive, but hey, it was in the moment with both MK an LG really going for it. I've never seen MK sweat so much trying to keep up with LG. It looked like he was on the verge of cardiac arrest!

What counts for me is what's played...how it is played doesn't matter so much. The music was great :)
[/quote]

Yip...agreed! I was there last night and it was rather good :D