Why become a member? ×

Pickup and preamp system wanted please

Hi I know this is a wanted add but I thought it would be more likely to get seen here?

I am after a piezo pickup of some kind and probably something like a Fishman Platinum pro preamp, I am open to suggestions of whatever versions someone might have that they want to sell, my lack of skills will be more of an issue than the make of piezo for now, Thanks folks let me know :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

http://www.fishman.com/products/filter/type:pickups/instrument:upright-bass

See above. I can't sell you mine as I'm using it, but I played in a folk/roots band for six years with one of the dual piezo fishman jobs. I also bought a fishman preamp at the time, but after a few shows found that it was unnecessary and actually caused a bit of an issue for sound guys. You can't go wrong with dual piezo pickup and a DI straight into a decent PA.

If you have an adjustable bridge I have also heard good things about the other pickup on this page.

Good luck.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1363284479' post='2011086']
I have just seen that and thumperbob wants it already! I am going to try the J Tone I have fitted for now so I think I will be after a Fishman preamp more than the pickup for now :)

Anyone selling a used Fishman? ;)
[/quote]

Try one of those Art Tube MP preamps. There's no eq on it but it does have a phase button...and they go cheap 2nd hand.