Why become a member? ×

Natural sounding octave up and down pedal

Lobster fingers

As a newbie to effects I am having great fun developing my pedal board. My next goal is to get an octave pedal that does an octave up and an octave down. I already own a Markbass supersynth which has this function, but I don't like the unnatural octave sounds it produces. Are there any pedals that can produce octave up and an octave down that sound more natural? What want in effect is a pedal that can reproduce what it would sound like if I simultaneously played 3 octaves at once on the bass, something my stubby fingers won't stretch to.

Electro Harmonix Mini POG does that, how natural it sounds though, you have to decide for yourself. Not very, imho, I don't believe I've heard better, though. It's purely a special effect too, cannot compensate for finger stubbiness ;)

[quote name='such' timestamp='1362735612' post='2003910']
Electro Harmonix Mini POG does that, how natural it sounds though, you have to decide for yourself. Not very, imho, I don't believe I've heard better, though. It's purely a special effect too, cannot compensate for finger stubbiness ;)
[/quote]
Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought about a EHX POG/POG2, but they do sound a bit synth like to me and a bit too much like my supersynth in octave mode. Being non-techical, what I don't know is if it is possible to produce more natural octave tones or if the digital processing can only reproduce the note in a synth like form. Does anyone one know?

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1362738791' post='2003970']
Evantide Pitchfactor might be worth a look, does tons of stuff and sounds ace, but pricey...
[/quote]

I agree it looks great, but more than I want to pay (or to be precise more than my partner would allow) and probably a bit complex too. I want to keep it simple with an octave up and below.