Why become a member? ×

this is a nice looking bass...

ahpook

[quote name='Jase' post='206027' date='May 25 2008, 04:56 PM']Nice looking bass, been oggling rics/ricalikes myself lately. Is it me or do those pups look huge?[/quote]

nope, they are indeed huge !

actually you might be hard-pressed to use the top of the pickup as anchor..

[quote name='SJA' post='206056' date='May 25 2008, 05:28 PM']AKA. Wesley Europa.[/quote]
Indeed. In fact in a fit of debatable self distraction I bought one of these a couple of years back - it's a lot of bass for the £100 I paid for it. The Rick comparison ends with the body shape (& that's not [i]quite[/i] right), the headstock's vile and the back & neck are painted with a very thin coat of matt black paint, which pretty much comes off on your clothes! Mine has a less than perfect fret job (needs levelling, rough ends) but for a budget bass it's pretty sexy - through neck, 3-band active EQ, flamed (real) maple top etc.

I don't think the pups on mine are quite so enormous, though!

Jon.

[quote name='ahpook' post='206045' date='May 25 2008, 05:16 PM']nope, they are indeed huge !

actually you might be hard-pressed to use the top of the pickup as anchor..[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='206128' date='May 25 2008, 07:48 PM']If you click on the Mad dog link, they are selling them for £180[/quote]

They pop up from time to time (with a different brand) through one of the German Ebay sellers - they're about £140 delivered, if I remember right.

J.