Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Selmer Treble and Bass Rev-amp

Baxter

Hi There, Just thought I'd share my resto work on an old selmer T&B that I got for £85.[attachment=129165:IMAG0395.jpg]

As it came, in full working order and a brand new set of JJ valves. I got it from an old guy who fixed amps and no one had claimed it for over a year. He gave me it for the cost of the new parts!

[attachment=129166:IMAG0443.jpg]

My mate is a metalworker who made me a new front panel and rear grille. I got a local signwriter called TAG signs to make me new decals - to my own size request.

[attachment=129167:IMAG0447.jpg]

Decals on
[attachment=129168:IMAG0451.jpg]

New Knobs and Switches

[attachment=129170:IMAG0454.jpg]

The rear grille with some fancy metalwork.

[attachment=129169:IMAG0453.jpg]

Cocoa Tolex with black edges and new handle.

My Dad is building me a new cabinet for a single 15 celestion - its nearly ready! I'm finishing it with the same tolex and corners with a vintage looking front panel in Marshall light tan basketweave. Pics for that soon!

Use to own one of these in 1969 along with a pair of Selmer Goliath 18" cabinets. Actually, it was the metal clad one and not the wooden case, same thing though. Sounded fantastic at the time. Our guitarist has got one of these in his attic as well and that sounds good too.

it is two El34s and 4 ECC83s, I cant get a shot just now as Its in at Flynn amps in Glasgow getting a kettle socket fitted - rather than having the lead trailing out the back - and the standby switch wired up properly. I cant wait to get it back so I can get it back in the case. Finished pictures as soon as i have them!