Why become a member? ×

For Sale - My life as a Bassist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Jaysus........went to see Stanley Clarke....sorry SIR Stanley, at the Jazz Cafe on Thursday....Its taken me until now to be able to reel my chin up off the floor and be cable of tangible thought.........

Think I'm just gonna turn my guitars into coffee tables........

Sorry, I know its not the right place to post this...but hey ho!!!!

:huh: :huh: :)

[quote name='jakesbass' post='205414' date='May 24 2008, 09:20 AM']There are people that don't like him, I'm not 100% smitten, but there's no denying he's good.
My point is when you get up close to these guys you get a real sense of their talent, energy and skill. hWich in my experience is always awe inspiring.[/quote]

concur 100%

however...what they do is their thing and, as for all of us, we should endeavour to be ourselves creating our own thing or individuality which makes us 'unique' in our own style.

Pat Torpey (Mr Big drummer) once said: "No matter how good or bad drummers can be, I always learned something from them. Whether this be a complex pattern or a simple beat."

thought it was a good sentiment and have since used this outlook in my playing experience.

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='205415' date='May 24 2008, 09:28 AM']concur 100%

however...what they do is their thing and, as for all of us, we should endeavour to be ourselves creating our own thing or individuality which makes us 'unique' in our own style.

Pat Torpey (Mr Big drummer) once said: "No matter how good or bad drummers can be, I always learned something from them. Whether this be a complex pattern or a simple beat."

thought it was a good sentiment and have since used this outlook in my playing experience.

andy[/quote]

Agree 100% - It was incredible to watch, and whilst I fully appreciate that, as with anything else, opinion is always subjective. I found it completely mesmerising to see the talent the guy has...and by christ if I look that good at his age i'll be very happy!

Ona seperate note, his drummer.....24, staight outta compton ( i'm sure theres a song there!!) and mind blowing....I have NEVER seen anything like it, give teh guy a few more years and he'll be untouchable.

Anyroadup, Top night, came away truly humbled, but bloody well inspired!

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='205419' date='May 24 2008, 09:42 AM']Anyroadup, Top night, came away truly humbled, but bloody well inspired![/quote]

And that's one of the most important lessons in how to improve as a bass player, indeed as a human being.
Humility is a great learning tool.