Why become a member? ×

G&L vs G&L tribute

mr.sibs

okay... so never really played these basses that much but they are starting to cause me to think...

Is this like fender v squier, or musicman v olp, or are the tribute models as good as the standard??

any help will be gladly received

ta

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='204609' date='May 22 2008, 10:05 PM']hmmm, okay i guess that makes it more clear, so pretty much the same hardware, different factories on different continents..
are the g&l tributes still pretty playable basses then? i guess i should try one... but where![/quote]
At last year's SE Bass Bash, I played both a USA G&L L2500 and a Tribute L2500 - one after the other - and there wasn't that much in it to be honest from a sound/playability point of view.

There may have been discernible differences in terms of construction, woods, finishing etc but I couldn't tell that in the dark rehearsal studio we were in that day. Both very nice basses!

Dave,you probably know now I wasnt lying when I said at the time, I had to get it out the house because after a fettle it played slicker than my USA ones

I was a right twat letting it go so I'm glad you're still very happy with it.I'd definetely buy another Tribute L2K or hopefully a JB-2 sometime in the future.

Played a Tribute L2000 on Saturday.

What a fantastic bass. If I'd discovered these a few years ago I would have bought one for certain. Now I have far too many guitars.

The feel and playability are right up there with the best. The range of tones is enormous and the richness of the sound is just what I love in a bass.

Top quality at a bargain price. I was offered about £100 off the price ticket right away. I was way too close to spashing out again on another impulse buy.

Frank