Why become a member? ×

New Band - originals

dmccombe7

Auditioned for new band Tues although it was more a get to know them.
Wasn't an official type of audition that i would expect.
They listened to me play with one of their own basses a 5 string Schecter NT which was a pretty nice bass and then ran thru what they were looking to do.
All original material so really looking forward to learning their songs and getting into studio in few weeks to write / record some new tracks / ideas.
Soundwise they remind me of a cross between Nickleback, Anathema with very slight hints of Metalica.
They have that deep drop-tuning heavy chord sound with pretty nice melodic vocals.
It works really well IMO
Not bad for an old 52 yr old getting this one. Ages are between 35-40 so I'm the old guy - :lol:

Only thing now is that i need to buy a 5 stringer as they drop-tune and i would prefer to use a low B string rather than drop my 4 stringers.

Off to Glasgow tomorrow to try a few 5 string basses out and see where i can get best deal.

One door closes and another opens.

Dave

Too right :lol:

Had already planned this and told her i was heading into a shop just across from one of her fancy clothing shops so i can buy her something nice and then she can't or shouldn't complain about me buying another bass.

I hope. :rolleyes:

Dave