Why become a member? ×

Modulus FB/flea/FU4/EBMM Stingray wiring

Jimryan

Or go mad, and have:
Master volume,
Pan
Stacked bass/treble for the P pickup
Stacked bass/treble for the MM pickup
Series/parallel/single coil switch for the MM...

That gives you plenty of sounds.

Hard part is where to position the MM? More or less where it should be, or further back so the rear coil in s/c mode gives you a good P/J approximation?
A bladed unit (Bartolini) would prevent there from being polepiece alignment issues if you put it somewhere unconventional.

Love the masses of stacked pots idea.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1360262400' post='1967757']
Hard part is where to position the MM? More or less where it should be, or further back so the rear coil in s/c mode gives you a good P/J approximation?
A bladed unit (Bartolini) would prevent there from being polepiece alignment issues if you put it somewhere unconventional.
[/quote]

As for positioning, it's positioned...there
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Squier%20VM%20p/photo2.jpg[/IMG]

FYI Out of Phase tends to cancel out the lower frequencies & you get a 'tinny' sound - my previous Westone Thunder III had this setting, although it was with 2 pickups instead of within one humbucker. I didn't find it all that useful & only ever tried it in the bedroom to hear what it sounded like. The Thunder III could do all those settings.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1360265333' post='1967834']
Series is +3db louder in the low mids than parallel , as far as I'm aware that is the only real difference.

Anyone know how the pickup in the sandberg basic is wired???
[/quote]

I believe you're thinking of a rule regarding series / parallel wiring of speakers. I don't think it applies in the same way to the two coils of a guitar pickup.