Why become a member? ×

New neck needed

Ska Man

Hi guys, I need a new neck for my MIM jazz 5string. Just wondering if any body has got one for sale or can recommend where to get a good one within E.U. so I dont have to pay any import tax. Ive seen the nice 1's in the states but with tax and shipping cost would be cost prohibitive. And yes I have been googling it now for about a month and its melting my head so any help is welcome
Cheers, Mick

Hi Mick, not sure if [url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/guitar-bass-parts/bodies-necks/necks/bass-necks/5-string-bass-neck-rosewood-fingerboard-no-finish-p-1968.html"]these[/url] guys can help but I think Allparts have a UK site, they said to me once they can get anything from the US site brought over.

This might suit your needs, looks like a MightyMite neck [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261169582570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2648[/url] what's up with the old one, by the way ?

Edited by rubis

That looks like a mighty mite alright and cheap too. The luthier is trying to take the fret board off my neck to fit a new truss rod. Existing one has all the thread stripped. He's having a hard time with it and reckons the glue used was never meant to come off. Its taking him months so far and still not off. I might just go crazy and buy a warmoth. My bass is the standard mex 5string Jazz. Its the one with the 5 left hand tuners so some necks are suited to American models and there seems to be different spec on these. It has my head melted :(

• 11 months later...

A year later the bass is finished. Got a brand new neck from Stratosphere on ebay, MIM Deluxe. Cost around 300euro inc tax. USA bridge and ferrules fitted with Aguilar split singles and im still not gone on it. I think the fact it was with a guitar tech for over a year who really messed me around has taken the love out of this bass for me :(

[quote name='Ska Man' timestamp='1391886215' post='2362351']
A year later the bass is finished. Got a brand new neck from Stratosphere on ebay, MIM Deluxe. Cost around 300euro inc tax. USA bridge and ferrules fitted with Aguilar split singles and im still not gone on it. I think the fact it was with a guitar tech for over a year who really messed me around has taken the love out of this bass for me :(
[/quote] Sounds like that so called tech is a right waste of time ......a whole year and he has achieved nothing I would be well annoyed to I hope he did not charge you shame you just didn't source a neck yourself and whack it on But on the positive side maybe when you have played the bass a bit and got over being peed off you will will love for the bass again :)