Why become a member? ×

Spin Doctors recent UK tour

thumbo

Did anyone catch Spin Doctors on their recent tour? I saw them in Leeds at the Brudenell, which was quite odd as they're clearly used to playing much bigger stages. This wasn't my choice of gig, my girlfriend bought tickets and forced me to go (with violence). I'm glad I went, seeing Mark White and the drummer (name?) was great, Mark seems to have an effortless sense of groove and as a rhythm section they absolutely nailed it. His bass sound was awesome and it looked like he was running a very simple setup of some kind of custom red and white jazz bass into hartke rig, there may have been an octave pedal hidden on top of his amp that he used in a couple of tracks but I couldn't see.

Great band.
I wasn't able to see them this time, but I saw their last tour where they played the entire 'Pocketful of Kryptonite' album at Band on the Wall in
Manchester. Mark White was usjng his pink Jazz then and wasn't using any effects. He's got a great left hand technique-pretty much double thumbs everything.Very
Wooten-esque (Check out his solo on 'Refrigerator Car' from the 'Homebelly Groove' album).
Aaron Comess is the drummer.

'Doddy'
Great band.
I wasn't able to see them this time, but I saw their last tour where they played the entire 'Pocketful of Kryptonite' album at Band on the Wall in
Manchester. Mark White was usjng his pink Jazz then and wasn't using any effects. He's got a great left hand technique-pretty much double thumbs everything.Very
Wooten-esque (Check out his solo on 'Refrigerator Car' from the 'Homebelly Groove' album).
Aaron Comess is the drummer.

MB1.
Great live band!
Not heard of them playing Manchester in a while who promotes them?
Seen them previously at the Academy 3 (11/3/05)...Mustard!
I thought theyed decided to call it a day due to Chris's throat problem?

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1359632142' post='1957805']

MB1.
Great live band!
Not heard of them playing Manchester in a while who promotes them?
Seen them previously at the Academy 3 (11/3/05)...Mustard!
I thought theyed decided to call it a day due to Chris's throat problem?
[/quote]
I'm not sure who the promotor is, but they toured in '11 for the 20th anniversary of 'Pocketful of Kryptonite' and they played the
whole album including the UK bonus tracks.There is a video on YouTube of them doing 'Two Princes' at Band on the Wall.
One of the best bands I've seen live. (Got a signed set list too).