Why become a member? ×

Afternoon!

coachcbg

Hey all, newbie signing in. Picking the bass up again after 30 years!!! My band got back together after we all found each other again, so the guitar's gettin' dusty and the bass can't believe it!

The forums are looking good and I'm looking forward to getting a decent rig back together!

Hey ho, onwards.....

Good day to you all!

Edited by coachcbg

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1359564532' post='1956740']
Good day coach,

Welcome to the forum. You know, I have an old Kay strat, I was even mentioning it on a post last night. It doesnt work now but It still sits above my desk at home. Let us know how you get on with your search for new gear.

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]
I will do. First on the list is trying to figure out what the latest P bass is I just had donated from a friend that heard I was back and playing! My Old Kay still works and it's going to my 'setup guy' for a sort out. It's one of the old solids (P bass), the pickups are absolute thumpers and the tone is not that bad. Still, no doubt I'll be rummaging through the the old Fenders and Music Man basses that I've had in the past but always open to new ideas! Let you know how things go. Cheers for the welcome.

Edited by coachcbg

Hey Coach,

Welcome!
Wow, what an introduction. I've always wanted to be coach at the Central Bureau for Gynaecology myself, but I guess it's nice enough to know one.

As to getting a complete rig, the For Sale forum sports extremely low prices these days, so you're in for a steal or steals.
As to the Sabre, it may be a relief to learn that Music Man have become a brand for losers like MusicMan20, Brensabre79, stingrayPete1977 and BassTractor, so there's little reason to hunt for the new Sabre Classic or even the tantalising Armada bass or the Game Changer with control app.
Effing losers.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1359627195' post='1957687']
Hey Coach,

Welcome!
Wow, what an introduction. I've always wanted to be coach at the Central Bureau for Gynaecology myself, but I guess it's nice enough to know one.

As to getting a complete rig, the For Sale forum sports extremely low prices these days, so you're in for a steal or steals.
As to the Sabre, it may be a relief to learn that Music Man have become a brand for losers like MusicMan20, Brensabre79, stingrayPete1977 and BassTractor, so there's little reason to hunt for the new Sabre Classic or even the tantalising Armada bass or the Game Changer with control app.
Effing losers.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert
[/quote]

OK, getting a feel maybe for the sense of humour on here!
Thanks guys for the welcome.
I may not have kept up with bass developments over the years but I've been merrily playing at home with guitars and keeping up the performance stuff with vocals. Imagine; an ex bassist fronting a 9 piece Swing band (all pro's) for the BBC et al! (yep, that's me!)
Well, someone did say to me once: 'the bass players are always the 'cool' ones in the band!!! (I won't put 'lol' in that, but I did seriously laugh out loud at that!).
And now things have turned full circle. Here I am: 46 years old, my old band from 1979 have reconvened and I'm playing bass again and totally enlivened with the fantastic array of 'stuff' that's out there!!! I wonder how many people dream of this (getting together with their original muse) but never take action? Well, never mind. This looks like a great place to be, so from an 'old bassist' to you experts and virtuosos: I look forward to learning!

Edited by coachcbg