Why become a member? ×

Hi I'm new.

Septic

Hi everybody.

I played guitar and sang vocals as a hobby until I ran into a drummer and a guitar player who said they were looking for a bassplayer and a lead vocalist to play some rock and roll. So I bought a little Tangelwood bass and presented myself. A year or so later, I'm writing songs for our three piece, playing gigs, taking bass lessons and studying music theory more seriously.

I'm joining this forum because 1.) I have to buy a bass rig soon (might need to ask some questions); 2.) I spend all my time practicing slapping, dead notes, modes, scales, etc; and 3.) my bass teacher told me to.

Oddly, I have always said that I would add a [i]real[/i] bassplayer to our group as soon as I could find one and switch back to guitar/leadvocals. Weird. Obviously this would be the place to find such a person. Its just that I am growing so much as a musician learning bass, abandoning bass at this point would make me sad. I guess that gives me provisional status as a bassplayer.
I would like to hear from anyone who fronts a band and plays bass while singing lead vocals. It would be fun to hear from someone who has really developed the ability to do both things at once. For that matter, I would still like to hear from anyone who is a great bass player with a broad music education who might like to join our band and write songs with us. You never know.

Cheers,

Septic

Hey Septic,

Welcome!
As said, there's heaps of bassists in SE Wales. Dunno what's wrong with these people, but there it is.

As to the bassist/singer combi, there is a whole thread in General Discussion where people have written about their experiences. You could look that one up. Skinny: "hard!"

[quote name='Septic' timestamp='1359553935' post='1956499']
3.) my bass teacher told me to.
[/quote]

As good a reason as any. Mind you: cabs are dead cheap on the For Sale forum right now. Grab A Cab While Stocks Last!E

Enjoy!

best,
bert