Why become a member? ×

Fender neck repair/replacement options

~tl

So, I have a ~10 year old AM Dlx. Fender on which the neck lacquer is starting to peel. I think, at this point, the entire neck, fingerboard and headstock will need to be refinished. Which leads me to my question...

Does anyone know my options for getting it repaired or replaced by Fender?

I know I could have it refinished myself or replace with Warmoth, etc. I also have a feeling that this might be a LOT easier, quicker and cheaper. BUT, I would like the result to still have the Fender logo and serial number on the back of the headstock and to be as "legit" as possible. I have read that Fender may replace the neck, but since they no longer manufacture the 22 fret AM Dlx. models, is this still an option? Any ideas? Cheers.

[quote name='~tl' timestamp='1359289497' post='1952451']
BUT, I would like the result to still have the Fender logo and serial number on the back of the headstock and to be as "legit" as possible.
[/quote]

That wouldn't be a problem - you can have a waterslide transfer made up including all the original spec details then send it off to whoever refinishes the neck to stick on there before the final coats. I had one made when I refinished the headstock of a Fender Precision Lyte from red to natural.