Why become a member? ×

The 10 Best Bassplayers On You Tube

Lowender

[quote name='Calridian' timestamp='1361129528' post='1981566']
I completely understand your comments. However, I have to admit that I do like it as my musical taste is so eclectic, which I'm sure is like that of many bass chat members.

Even just this morning I used my four strings to play Mr Wonders ‘Sir Duke’ and quickly followed it with Pantera’s ‘Cowboys from Hell’

As I originally posted it wasn’t going to be to everyone taste. But you have to admire the technical ability.

I also posted to the ‘Underrated bass players’ with a comment of “Sometimes isn't it just about locking it in..... Not about how flashy, or how many notes!”

And I must wholeheartedly agree with Bert, and not just 'cos he has a great taste in basses.....

Is it not diversity and appreciation of all styles which makes us all that bit better. :)
[/quote]

So who would you replace on the original list to include this guy? : )

• 1 month later...

I have highlighted this girl before, but her latest vid underlines just how good she is.

Bear in mind that she has been playing bass for three years and this is her first go at fretless!!!

It also demonstrates the brilliance of the original bass line, don't you think?

Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/HnnewhuLuj8

It is a brilliant line. But not tremendously difficult to execute. I love this girl. I want to marry this girl! She's good. But great? There are tens of thousands of people who can copy existed parts well. But most aren't this cute. : )

Edited by Lowender

[quote name='GILLY' timestamp='1360222746' post='1966802']
Here's another one from Spain. Bear in mind that she has only been playing bass since 2010!!! In fact, she could qualify for the 'Funk and Groove' thread I believe.

What a talent:

[media]http://youtu.be/u_AI2v-4DTs[/media]
[/quote]
This goes to prove it is worth putting stuff on Youtube. She went on the South American tour at the start of the year with Jamiroqui after they saw her Youtube performances

Edited by timmo

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1366623750' post='2054881']
[media]http://youtu.be/ZYLsbcZfYL4[/media]

The mighty Bob Fazio, I find this mans playing to be inspirational and motivates to me to practice, a nice mix of styles and techniques, plus he is not boring either.
[/quote]

THAT was nice!