Why become a member? ×

cant upload a profile picture

harleyheath

Hay, I hope someone can help?
I deleted my profile pic to replace it now it won't?
I've tried to upload a pic from my pooter but it just say 'can't upload photo' ?
so i tried uploading from photobucket an it won't upload any copied links other than direct link and that comes upso big it takes the whole box up and you cant get to the save button bit?
any help would be really great!

[quote name='harleyheath' timestamp='1358622019' post='1942442']
Hay, I hope someone can help?
I deleted my profile pic to replace it now it won't?
I've tried to upload a pic from my pooter but it just say 'can't upload photo' ?
so i tried uploading from photobucket an it won't upload any copied links other than direct link and that comes upso big it takes the whole box up and you cant get to the save button bit?
any help would be really great!
[/quote]

I see irony when looking at your thread title and your sig :-D

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1358622715' post='1942457']
I see irony when looking at your thread title and your sig :-D
[/quote]

lol, yh, clearly there is when it comes to pics! lol.
I knew that would come back and bite me in the ass one day! lol

Edited by harleyheath

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1358623923' post='1942495']
Same problem. And my 'poota is one o dem der fruit machines too.
[/quote]

lol, I use my for e-mails, bass chat, facebook and music, thats it, im sure it got enuff power to run a space shuttle but its woefully under used in this household! lol

It's got nothing to do with what sort of computer you have, or what browser you are using. The site was hacked a couple of months ago and some of the things that were broken have still not been fixed. Uploading images is one of them, which by extension means that you can't upload a new profile photo.

However the site supports the use of [url=http://en.gravatar.com]Gravatar[/url] hosted images for your profile pic, so that should sort you out.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358625641' post='1942532']
It's got nothing to do with what sort of computer you have, or what browser you are using. The site was hacked a couple of months ago and some of the things that were broken have still not been fixed. Uploading images is one of them, which by extension means that you can't upload a new profile photo.

However the site supports the use of [url="http://en.gravatar.com"]Gravatar[/url] hosted images for your profile pic, so that should sort you out.
[/quote]

ahh I see, yes I remember that happening as I was getting all strange stuff coming up from google saying the sites a war zone or something.
It seems to of sorted its self but thanks very much for the info!

You [i]can [/i]change your avatar pic; I changed mine a couple of days ago. What you have to do is first remove the existing pic entirely, then host your new pic elsewhere then copy and paste the link where appropriate. Even then it can take up to an hour to appear for some reason, but it [i]is[/i] possible. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358626943' post='1942570']
You [i]can [/i]change your avatar pic; I changed mine a couple of days ago. What you have to do is first remove the existing pic entirely, then host your new pic elsewhere then copy and paste the link where appropriate. Even then it can take up to an hour to appear for some reason, but it [i]is[/i] possible. :)
[/quote]

Yh I think thats what happened with me, I uploaded it from photobucket an it just took a while to show up, so before it did I changed it again, and so on, not giving it time to sort it, and around and around we went! lol

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358626943' post='1942570']
[/quote]

OH DAMN! It's just my luck that i happened to be trying to change my profile picture to a silhouette of me. It definitely must have worked then, i just didn't realise. *tsk*

[quote name='Spike Vincent' timestamp='1358708754' post='1943808']
Seperated at birth...
[/quote]

I wish. I love Gloucestershire.

[quote name='harleyheath' timestamp='1358711285' post='1943891']
Clearly! An I'm lost for words! Lol
[/quote]

I tend to have that effect. Check out my D'Addario goodies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gqMGOeanQ

[quote name='harleyheath' timestamp='1358757374' post='1944388']
Lol, awesome! Yes you clearly have issues, lol ;) an now I have a hankering for free stuff! Lol
[/quote]

I have lots of issues. I'm clinically and terminally insane. But yes, free stuff is nice. You don't get it for nothing though.

Oh wait, yes you do, that's the point of it!

No, i was fortunate in that i have made friends with the owner of the local music shop here, and he is also a D'Addario/Planet Waves fan, so constantly is in contact with a D'Addario rep, and he mentioned that i did the vid, and the rep said they would send free stuff out. I didn't even expect it, he just sent me a message one day saying D'Addario had sent me some free stuff.

Anyway, i shan't drag this thread any further away from it's purpose. As you were.