Why become a member? ×

Celinder Update J5 *NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE*

chrkelly

A real beast of a bass. I absolutely love playing it but I definitely feel more at home with a good precision bass instead. This one's been owned by a few basschatters before. I bought it from Fingerz about a year ago & before that it was owned by Flanker.

Here's Jo's original sale thread with the pics
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168508-celinder-j-update-5-string-sold/page__p__1557914__hl__fingerz%20celinder__fromsearch__1#entry1557914"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1557914[/url]

I wouldn't mind if this didn't go but for now a trade with a Celinder precision 5 would be ideal. I know it's a bit of a long shot but fingers crossed. Not really interested in anything thing else at this time.

As a straight sale it's £2200 firm.

Not keen on posting this bass but potential buyers are welcome to try it out at my home in London SE6.

All the best,
Chris

Edited by chrkelly

Fantastic bass - I'm not given to hyperbole, but Chris Celinder makes amazing instruments. I've owned many 'high-end' basses over the years, Wal, Sadowsky, Sei, USA Lakland, Status, GB, Fender Custom Shop etc., but there's something indefinable about Celinders that sets them apart - if a bass can have a soul, these have one that is more alive than any other. Without exaggeration, the best jazz bass I've ever played. Suffice to say I own one of these.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1358617018' post='1942320']
Fantastic bass - I'm not given to hyperbole, but Chris Celinder makes amazing instruments. I've owned many 'high-end' basses over the years, Wal, Sadowsky, Sei, USA Lakland, Status, GB, Fender Custom Shop etc., but there's something indefinable about Celinders that sets them apart - if a bass can have a soul, these have one that is more alive than any other. Without exaggeration, the best jazz bass I've ever played. Suffice to say I own one of these.
[/quote]

Cheers Low, will be sad to see it go. It's definitely very alive sounding, really resonant. The preamp has a few boost switches inside & while engaged, it can do that classic Marcus Miller style active jazz sound. With the switches off & the passive tone rolled back a bit, it sounds like a good beefy vintage jazz. Awesome bass.

Hi Chris,

Sad to see my old one going up for sale, but you're obviously in love with Celinders (as we all are having owned them) which is testament to this bass. This bass is fantastic, no dead spots and a solid resonance throughout its range. It's true, a lot of other brands have a great rep around here, but I'm sure if anyone tried this and put it up against anything they would be re-writing the rule book.

Best of luck with the sale, and if you're passing, then do stop in for a cuppa.

Bump for a world class instrument.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...