Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass SOLD PLEASE REMOVE

Johnebass

Fender Jazz Bass made in Japan serial number E857786 which dates it somewhere between 1884-7. Natural wood body with original white 3 ply scratch plate and Maple neck with block inlays. Excellent condition for its age with minor dings and scratches that you would naturally associate with a bass over 20 years old.

On a negative point there is an area by the rear strap lock where the lacquer has broken away from the body about the size of a 10 pence piece (see pictures) also there is some lifting of the lacquer on the fret board which I understand is common with these old basses.

Other than that its all original and I also have the chrome cover for the front pickup. Just for information and in case you ask, there is no bridge cover as they were never supplied or fitted on this model for some reason, this is confirmed by the fact that there are no fixing holes in the body.

I’m asking a very reasonable £500 for this lovely classic bass.

Any questions please ask.

Edited by Johnebass

[quote name='gafbass02' post='201679' date='May 18 2008, 07:20 PM']1884! Damn that is old!!!!!
Actually on a serious not thats just exactly what i wanted to swap my Geddy for (the one which hasnt even arrived yet!), gutted i dont have £500[/quote]

Certainly older than a lot of people on this forum. lol

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...