Why become a member? ×

Hi fellow low end fans!

FleadomFighter

Hi all, long time snooper first time poster here!

I am a 21 year old bassist, playing casually for 7 years or so, currently without band (boo!) having recently moved to Hemel Hempstead for work. I have a YouTube channel (check it out! [url="http://www.youtube.com/bassvideos3261"]www.youtube.com/bassvideos3261[/url]) with a relatively modest but growing following, where I do song lessons and my own "looper" (just multi-tracking really) compositions.

My gear at the moment is my trusty, and surprisingly rare, 2006 Ibanez SR1000 Prestige, and a Zoom B2.1u multi-effects pedal, as well as my apparently less trusty broken Carlsbro amp. Though given it's been around almost as long as I have I guess that's fair enough.

Soon to be added to my gear will be a Fender Precision and a Ibanez GSR205, which I intend to string with the standard 4 strings and then a high C rather than a low B. Once I find a band (if anyone knows of any in Hemel then drop me a message please!) I'll acquire a new amp and be ready to go!

So I guess that's me introduced, would be great to get to know some people on here and generally get over excited about bass.

Edited by FleadomFighter

Hello and welcome flea,

The time for snooping is indeed over. I've seen a few youtube folks doing the high C, Thats great I know but you really can't beat those fat notes!
Why not post pics of your lovely basses? I'd like to get excited over them :D

Cheers Leen.

I fight for fleadom of course! Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll post pics soon :) I would go for a low B if I was spending a little more on the fiver but I'm told the cheap ones tend not to get the best out of the fat notes :unsure: anyway, I'll see you around the forums!

PS Bert are you suggesting you aren't a person!?