Why become a member? ×

Warwick battery lid (27v)

Bassman68

Hi there

Anybody out there able to help with this? The catch on my '96Thumb basses battery cavity for the neck L.E.D's has finally given up the ghost after 17 years..

It must be an M.E.C part, as all Warwicks cavity boxes are these days, I tried contacting Warwick about a replacement but they don't list a size for 3x9v batteries.

Before I go down the 'Having a new lid routed' route, I wondered if anyone or any Luthiers on here might have one spare or know where I can get one from?

Having trouble uploading a picture but will persevere....

If it came from Warwick they should know where to source them... very odd!

It might be worth dropping Warwickhunt a line, if there's something to know about Warwicks he's usually your man, also the Warwick forum.

To upload pictures at the moment it's best to upload to flickr or photobucket and copy the link across to here. Inconvenient but it's the only option at the moment I'm afraid.

Possible people to contact: ACG, Shuker, Letts, RIM, 13 Guitar Co., Xylem, The Bass Gallery, Bass Direct... I'm sure someone else could come up with some more :lol:

Yes it is an odd one that WarwickMEC don't officially list a 3x9v compartment/cover. I'm wondering if that meant that it was out sourced to a 3rd party or (most likely) Warwick didn't originally fit the compartment, as it could have been a retrospective LED fit? I know that Warwick do a factory LED but IIRC the extra battery has been in the control route and x2 batteries were in a double compartment. It'd be interesting to establish if there are any images of 'factory' basses that have LEDs or that have a triple compartment.

My '94 Stage 2 had a 3x9v battery compartment for the LEDs. (and a further 2 batteries in the main compartment for the preamp - yes, 45v total!)

It certainly looked factory-fitted; if it wasn't, it was a mighty neat job by whoever fitted it.

Sadly I've now sold the bass, and don't have any photos to hand showing the battery compartment.

My Thumb bass is the same as above post. Ordered from factory, 18v 3 band circuit in main cavity & 3x9v for L.E.D's in another.
Still working on uploading a picture...
Think I might be in luck, Had a look on the updated Warwick website & have seen a part that looks a similar size. Just waiting for a confirmation e-mail back (fingers crossed).

Edited by Bassman68

[quote name='MarkBassChat' timestamp='1358354172' post='1937657']
So how exactly was the problem solved?
[/quote]
When this happened late last year, Warwick didn't show the part on their spares list, even a message from Mr H.P. Wilfer couldn't help.
Having given up with Warwick, I was looking into having a new back plate made & routed so I thought I'd try on here before taking drastic action.

Only an act of desperation made me check once more on the Warwick website which has had an overhaul & update since I last checked, An Item similar in size being advertised, so after an E-mail to the nice people at Warwick to enquire whether it was the correct part & a confirmation sent back, All is happy for my 17 yr old Thumb bass once more..... :)