Why become a member? ×

Your Musical Development since joining Basschat?

xilddx

Funnily enough, this forum has possibly saved my bass playing.

I returned to classical guitar playing last year after deciding to leave my current band, but stayed a member on here and the enthusiasm and friendliness of people on here made me miss my 'bass world' bit by bit and I slowly returned to bass playing. Now I'm really pleased I did. I don't know any other instrument that has quite this kind of enthusiastic forum (I've looked!)

In the same theme - this is the only site that I've made a voluntary contribution to for exactly the same reasons.

Since become a BC member I have learnt that it does'nt matter how many or few notes you play,or if you stick to the root notes or like to play fluid melodic runs.What matters is making sure that your technique isn't sloppy.
I've learnt that a good amp can make a cheap bass sound good,how great flatwound strings are,why you should'nt buy a Bass Centre comfort strap,and discovered a community of funny,witty,compassionate and friendly souls who will offer good advice,humour,and wit.
I now have GAS for a P-bass,want a custom made scratch plate,and am in need of councelling after seeing the transvestite Jap bass player on YouTube.
Thanks!

Through the forum I have now amassed the best bass rigs I have ever owned and at sensible money. My amps and cabs all bought through here. Have also gained two really good basses and one ok bass (it was thrown in with case lol) at really fair prices. One bass I had longed for in the 1970's as a student and could not afford so I bought a new Fender P, it was cheaper. The range of advice and support here is just so good. Long may it continue.

Edited by 3below