Why become a member? ×

Sticking switches on Line6 DL-4 - SOLVED

Sibob

There's a bunch of information relating to just lubing it up, making sure the nut is tight etc. I could replace the switches obviously.
Annoyingly it's just come back from the Line6 repair department as the DSP chip and gone kaput, I bought up the switch issue but they reckoned it was all working fine.....its not.

booo
Si

These use small tactile switches mounted to the PCB with an actuator to make it like a footswitch. I'd pop it open, see if the switches work when you press them with your finger. If so, you can get replacement actuators from Musikding and Banzai. Alternatively, you could remove the switches and use a momentary footswitch instead. Personally, I'd remove all four switches and replace with soft-touch SPST Momentary switches, but others swear by actuators and tactile switches. At least if you try just replacing the actuator you've spent a quid or so rather than a tenner on switches and the time to do it! Good luck with it!

EDIT - this one - [url="http://www.radioshackuk.co.uk/WebRoot/BT3/Shops/BT2533/4DA7/0C01/DDA4/2C16/DEEE/0A0C/05E8/06D7/786-0346.JPG"]http://www.radioshac...D7/786-0346.JPG[/url] - but you can find them much cheaper if you hunt around. I've bought these exact ones for less than a quid in a pack of 20 before.

Edited by TG Flatline