Why become a member? ×

Bass/Guitar Shops in West Yorkshire????......

ZenBasses

Hey,

So Jon Shuker is on with my new bass, just getting the specs together.

However I am now in the posistion of choosing Pickups and Circuits..So I thought well hey I'll go out and have a play on the some instruments...Ideally wanting a MM+J setup. Jon has given me some ideas such a SD, EMG and Delano's

Coupled with his circuit or a SD or EMG..

He also asked if I want a Passive tone control added..

So I've never played a bass with a passive tone control before...(Scary thought)

Is there anyway ideally in west yorkshire (manchester and the like are not difficult to get to), that has a good range of basses, including MM's and the like. Everywhere just sells Cheapo rubbish or the tried and tested Fender , G+L, Gibson, Tanglewood etc etc so no real way of seeing if I like the sound and stuff.. www.thebassbarn.co.uk have some up which look good but they were still unfinished in Jon's wokrshop less than 2 weelks ago..lol

So any ideas peeps?.....

Or else its go in blind and I like...lol....

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1357752099' post='1927870']
PMT in Leeds have an okay selection when I've been there, and maybe Dawsons?
[/quote]

nout worth looking at there! You may be better just asking for folk in west yorkshire with gear you wanna try and invite yourself around for a cuppa!

To the OP - passive tone control is just what you get on a standard passive fender bass- it just goes after the preamp normally so you can roll off the top more naturally sounding. BUT it's a relatively small bit of the sound - wide open it's not going to affect the tone much at all, and then rolled off it will act just like a normal P bass or jazz bass tone knob (abet after the pre) I personally would spend more time looking at pickup options as that will affect the whole bass tone more.

Seen the delano hybrid system?