Why become a member? ×

How good are the hartke hydrive cabs!

0175westwood29

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1357660046' post='1926192']
Sounds good, always been interested in it but I'd feel I'd need the amplite for it too, power wise.

For how cheap the hydrive cabs go fo it'd be do able.

Are the 1x12's sealed??
[/quote]

Dnt get me wrong the headlite is no slouch keeps up with two loud guitars moderate drummer in my metal band and same but with a loud drummer in my pop punk band so its def loud im being greedy really wanting the amplite aswell lol.

I cant see any ports so i think so, And with the tweeter which is switchable and the fact its a switchable between 4 and 8 ohms is very cool.

Andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1357660723' post='1926212']
Dnt get me wrong the headlite is no slouch keeps up with two loud guitars moderate drummer in my metal band and same but with a loud drummer in my pop punk band so its def loud im being greedy really wanting the amplite aswell lol.

I cant see any ports so i think so, And with the tweeter which is switchable and the fact its a switchable between 4 and 8 ohms is very cool.

Andy
[/quote]

That is pretty cool.

I think I'm getting some Matamp 1x12's now though just finalising some deals.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1357602340' post='1925372']
thats weird i play in standard d tuning and do some drop c with my metal band and the 115 and 112 combo stand up to the punishment lol, the 810 had a lovely sound when i tried might nip back and try it using my headlite and see if the 400w is enough to drive it! im sure it will be!

andy
[/quote]
I wonder if that was the speaker configuartion you're using? I was running it through a lone 4x10 and got the impression it really needed a 1x15 in addition to handle the low frequencies.

true yould be right before i had the 115 i did have a trace 1153 to beaf up the 12's sound.

the 115 is a very nice cab indeed would like to grab another 112 i think and a cheapish power amp so i can have a stack of 12's with the 15. :-)

and then later grab a 810/or a 412(i know hartke dnt make this)

andy