Why become a member? ×

ampeg 6ohm

danbowskill

Hi folks.
1 of my speakers has knackerd up in my 6x10 cab have gone.the only place I can see that sell replacements is thoman at £208 the pair........ I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could get them reconed?? Think it might be cheaper for me?

Edited by danbowskill

Thanks 'TheGreek'..... i can't seem to find him on BC??

Im thinking i just want a new 1 in now, but its driving me loopy trying to find ANY!! 6ohm 10" speakers??( it's like they are a myth).
I sent an email direct to Ampeg ....who got back ( nice n fast) to say they don't deal outside of usa/canada to the general public and gave me details of the uk's Makie/Ampeg dealer.....similar reply,they gave me a list of authorized dealers ( more like amp repair shops).
Im having no luck with them :-(.

The main speaker thats damaged .......the paper cone is good ( no rips etc ) but when you put pressure on the cone there is that rubbing card sound and feel ??
I know it would change the impendence adding a 8ohm speaker..........but would it mess the sound up to much?,i can handle minor things as long as it stops any farts on certain notes.

If anyone can help then ace ;-)

Edited by danbowskill