Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Dingwall Combustion..SOLD..

chrisma

I acquired this from Johngh a few months ago, mainly as a back up bass and to give a Dingwall a try. It's a great bass, really nice and even sounding and very easy to play. Pre-empting the question about the fanned frets, it is really easy to get used to and you hardly notice it at all. Since I've had it I've re-strung it with Dingwall strings, changed the action to make it more playable for me (it was too low and buzzy before) and taken it on a couple of gigs. That's about it.

There are only minor bad points. There's a slight ding above the strap peg on the bottom. John reckoned it had been knocked in transit at some point, and I'd probably agree with that. It doesn't effect the bass in anyway, and all the time you're playing with a strap it's unnoticeable. Also, someone has attacked the truss rod with the wrong type of allen key at some point and made it quite difficult to turn as a result. With the correct ball end key it's possible to turn with enough downward force and I found it easy to adjust the action. I can give you the correct allen key if you need it.

It really is a lovely bass, even taking these minor points into consideration. I'm only moving it on as I've become a monogamous bass player (I think)!

So here's what I'm after:

[b]Effects[/b]

I'd be happy to trade for some high end pedals, either on their own or with cash to make up the difference. I'm into the weird and wonderful so give me a try. I'm not particularly interested in mainstream pedals but I'm open to suggestions. Any deal involving a Moog ring mod would be good. I'm not really interested in multi-effects.

[b]Amps[/b]

I've got a Berg HT112er and I'm keen to find it a friend. Another single 12" berg cab plus some cash would do it. Not really interested in trading for heads at the moment. I could be persuaded by an Orange Rockerverb 50w plus maybe some cash to even it up, but this might not be the right forum to find that!

[b]Basses[/b]

I know I said I was monogamous but I might be open to an affair! I'd only be interested in trading for things of a similar value or possibly something worth a bit more with cash from me. I'm not really after anything cheap and cheerful. 4s and 5s are good, 6s not so much. I don't have my heart set on anything particular so try me out.

[b]Money[/b]

I'd also be willing to trade it for [b]£750[/b].

Any combination of the above would be good too.

I can post it to you if you would like but you would need to foot the bill. I don't have a spare case to send it in at the moment so it would just have to be bubble wrapped. It's up to you if you want to take the risk, but for my part I would pack it very well. I'm also happy to drive a reasonable distance to meet up. I'm based in South Birmingham.

Photos here:

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/77288562@N03/sets/72157632408921793/[/media]

[quote name='swanuments' timestamp='1357438147' post='1922759']
long shot but would you be interested in trading for an 8x10 mesa boogie cab :)
[/quote]
Once upon a time I would have. Might be a bit expensive for me though as I'd have to buy a new car to fit it in! Thanks anyway.

[quote name='Michael Currie' timestamp='1357568148' post='1924581']
I can't see the picture, and not to be shallow but what colour is it in? Haha.
[/quote]
I can see the pictures and it is a white body, maple neck with a brownish tort pickguard. Oh.....and it looks stunning!

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1357569036' post='1924597']

I can see the pictures and it is a white body, maple neck with a brownish tort pickguard. Oh.....and it looks stunning!
[/quote]

It is pretty good looking. Pictures don't show up on the mobile for some reason but work okay on the computer. If you want me to email you then just let me know.

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1357573926' post='1924694']
This used to be my bass. It's actually an off colour creame and yep it looks stunning.
[/quote]

A kind of see-through white I suppose! Thanks John.

Edited by chrisma