Why become a member? ×

Who is out tonight?

Bilbo

Not me... I think we set an unreasonable price for the two prime nights and came up with zilch... !!!
I am in two minds about it...
a) easy money
and B)
could I be bothered wit the lottery of drunks..??

oh well............. hope you all did well out of it.
The TV has been crap this xmas :lol: :lol:

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1357070484' post='1917181']
Those of you complaining about the state of a NYE audience are obviously playing the wrong kinds of gigs.
[/quote]

My point re. this - not particularly in this thread - is that the right kind of gig (ie one that you've played and enjoyed many times) can be spoiled at times like mad Friday and NYE because pillocks who get too pissed BECAUSE it's those particular days. The venue has probably asked you (as was the case with us this year) to do those dates because ou're among the most popular of it's acts and the most experienced so likely to deal with an incident well.

Besides - and let's be fair about this - if you choose to play in pubs you resign yourself to coming across the odd pissed up toss rag. If I chose not to play in pubs because of that fact gigs would be very thin on the ground for me.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1357071154' post='1917198']
:lol: :lol:

I am only complaining about the fact that no one was willing to pay what we were 'worth'.
[/quote]

Not directed at you , it just reminded me...........

A femake singer once said that exact same thing to a mate of mine who chirped up with 'I know , love... but 8 quid's a lot of money ' :D

We had a great audience! Yes, some of them were rather 'merry', but we actually had less stage invasions than the last time we played that venue. I'd rather play in a venue full of people singing & dancing than one with scattered punters staring moodily into their beers (and yet I played prog for years :unsure: ). Had a fantastic night and we all came away feeling rather chuffed with everything - not to mention we got paid a reasonable sum too.