Why become a member? ×

Stagg acoustic bass - yours for £400 posted - pmsl!!

SirChewey

Gotta share this - you can pick these up for about £175 posted brand new. I have bought this to there attention and if I don't hear anything back I may have to report this one to save some poor kids Christmas money. Hopefully is nobody on BC - if so they shouldn't be.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130822619615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

[quote name='SirChewey' timestamp='1356525555' post='1910730']
Gotta share this - you can pick these up for about £175 posted brand new. I have bought this to there attention and if I don't hear anything back I may have to report this one to save some poor kids Christmas money. Hopefully is nobody on BC - if so they shouldn't be.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130822619615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649[/url]
[/quote]
Just out of interest who may you report this to?

Edited by BetaFunk

Ebay - you can submit a claim for misconduct of sorts. Either way they look into it and see if theirs grounds for dismissal of the auction. Obviously they ask the seller first to give reason as to why the item is overpriced in the first place, meanwhile they suspend the auction I believe. I just think it's a little unfair people get away with this, if you don't know what you have surely you research it first before putting it up. Especially when it comes to instruments, I feel strongly about people trying to get one up on a beginner. Instruments are a vehicle for expression and everyone has a right to express themselves; a right which shouldn't be exploited.

ok - looks like i'm stumped. There's no way to submit an investigation for well overpriced items!! Hopefully nobody will be stupid enough to buy the thing but I have told the seller that I think they should revise the price and told them how much you can buy this new so hopefully they will feel obliged to bring it down. What is this world coming to lol

True, it´s overpriced... but it´s up to the seller to ask for whetever they want to, surely?

They are not misrepresenting it.

If you buy something, it´s also up to you to find the best deal... or not.

In short: cheeky seller, but not a reportable offence, in my opinion.