Why become a member? ×

What do you keep your cables and other tat in?

Marvin

I have a two-tier system. For rehearsing I use a small holdall to carry all the bits and bobs i think I might need just for rehearsals - a few spares of stuff like strings, instrument leads, extension lead plus small folding stand etc. For gigs I have a larger holdall that I put the smaller one inside plus all the extra stuff I think I need for gigging - extra leads, gaffa tape, more extension leads, little tool kit, more strings, towel etc.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1356773471' post='1913351']
I have a two-tier system. For rehearsing I use a small holdall to carry all the bits and bobs i think I might need just for rehearsals - a few spares of stuff like strings, instrument leads, extension lead plus small folding stand etc. For gigs I have a larger holdall that I put the smaller one inside plus all the extra stuff I think I need for gigging - extra leads, gaffa tape, more extension leads, little tool kit, more strings, towel etc.
[/quote]

That's a great idea. Anything that means I can carry the least amount of gear whilst having everything I need is worth doing.

My bits are divided between my cab cover pocket and a silver box which also has my Acoustic Image amp head in.

Three speaker cables, mains lead and two guitar leads all live in a kids-PE-kit type bag (50p from charity shop) which travels in the back of the amp rack case.
Two more guitar leads, my homemade Bass Pod cable-snake and spare Pod power supply all travel in the front pocket of the Pod carry bag. All cables have velcro ties, everything is disturbingly neat :)